Please see pictures here, here and here
The DA in the Free State successfully completed its first Provincial Congress on 28 January 2023. We can now move ahead in our historic mission to establish, for the first time in our history, a fair society that will enable the people of this province to unleash their talents and ingenuity to realise their full potential. A true Open, Opportunity Society for All.
The successful Provincial Congress followed the completion of 136 Branch annual general meetings and 11 Constituency annual general meetings. During the congress, delegates from across the province elected a delegation to lead the province into the 2023 and 2024 general elections.
The provincial leadership positions elected are:
- Provincial Leader, Dr Roy Jankielsohn
- Provincial Chairman, Werner Horn
- Provincial Finance Chairperson, David van Vuuren
- Provincial Deputy Chairperson, Dr Igor Scheurkogel
- Second Provincial Deputy Chairperson, Jafta Mokoena
- DA Youth Provincial Chairperson, Emma Kruger
- DA Youth Deputy Chairperson Administration, Tlhalefo Motlhale
Furthermore, congress voted on and approved new resolutions and amendments aimed at strengthening the DA’s ability to be an effective agent for change. Currently, over 7 million South Africans live in areas where the DA governs, and the Free State will be the next in line in 2024. The congress inspired all public representatives that a caring government, once elected, can get things done.